- DO Exfoliate hands at least once every week. Dead skin cells tend to accumulate between your fingers.
- Do Moisturize your nails (religiously) like you do your skin and hair.
- DO Apply sunscreen on your hands before going under the LED light at the salon.
- DO Ask your therapist for an extra layer of base coat to prevent discoloration When opting for a bright red or orange polish.
- To promote healthy growth, apply a light layer of cuticle oil around your cuticles and on the sides of your nails Daily.
- DON’T hesitate to ask nail technicians to show sterlization proof of the tools. The pouch should be sealed and indicator turned brown or orange
- DON’T use blades to get rid of dead skin on the feet. Invest in a callus treatment.
- DON’T open a canned soda, reach out for your wallet or do any of the stuff that may smudge your polish for atleast 30mins to an hour after your manicure
- DON’T cook or go near the stover after a fresh manicure. Polish are like paint, they melt
- DON’T scrape off the polish—this is terrible for your nails and will strip them!
- DON’T keep the gel manicure on past two weeks
- DON’T peel off your gel at home or else you will have to deal with weakened, damaged nails even if you had the strongest healthiest nails.