Over time, clip in extensions will accumulate residue just like your natural hair. This does not mean the extensions need to be washed after each wear. To keep the extensions in optimal condition, we recommend washing every 5th-10th wear.
The extensions should be washed in a tub or sink (they should not be washed while clipped in your natural hair in the shower!)
1) Before washing, thoroughly brush the extensions to ensure there are no tangles.
2) Carefully rinse each piece seperately with luke warm water.
3) Place a small amount of SULFATE FREE shampoo specifically formulated for treated hair in the palm of your hand.
4) Gently lather the shampoo into the hair ensuring you work with one piece at a time. Do not twist, rub or scrub the hair. Gentle is the word to keep in mind!
5) The shampoo should be applied the hair in a downwards motion from the top of the extensions, down to the ends.
6) After lathering, rinse the hair thoroughly under lukewarm water until all shampoo is completely removed.
7) Apply conditioner, leave for 5 minutes and rinse.
We also recommend the use of a OLAPLEX treatment every month or so. This will ensure your hair extensions remain in optimal condition.